You might remember a few months ago when registered nurse and Certified Aromatherapist, Holly Brandenberger (or @scienceofessentials as many of you may know her as over on Instagram), was on the show talking with us all about stress: the stress cycle, what stress actually is, how essential oils can help reduce stress and so much more. To this day it’s still one of our top most downloaded episodes, you can listen to it HERE!
Now, 5 months later, Holly is back for a second interview with us; this time unpacking and redefining the popular and oftentimes cringeworthy buzzword, “self-care”.
In 2020 “self-care” rose to become a 450 billion dollar industry and with the popularity and heavy bubble bath, chocolate, and netflix binging marketing that has come along with it, the true definition of self-care has become muddy and a bit lost. Holly is here to get us back on track with true self care so we can take care of ourselves far beyond spa days and Netflix.
In this episode, Holly…
- Unpacks the buzzword of “self-care” and all the common misconceptions
- Defines what self-care really is (and what it’s not)
- Explains the absolute necessity of self-care and how it’s not a reward or something you need to earn
- Shares 5 areas we can all (simply!) implement self care into every aspect of our lives
- And more!
If you’ve ever cringed and rolled your eyes at “self-care” or wondered what self care actually is, this episode is for you!
Connect with Holly Brandenberger
- Ep 39: Unlocking the Healing Power of the Breath: Heal Trauma, Overcome Anxiety, and Uncover Your True Self Using Breathwork with Samantha Skelly
Want to pair some Whimsy with your self-care practices? Here are some ideas:
Oh and pssst!! Get 10% off at Whimsy + Wellness by using the code: PODCAST on your next order!
- Get up to $40 off your box of Daily Harvest when you use our code WHIMSY at checkout!
Let’s stay in touch!
- Subscribe on: Apple and Spotify
- Follow us on Instagram: @WhimsyandWellness and @WhimsyandWellnessPodcast
Thank you so much for tuning into this episode of the Whimsy & Wellness Podcast brought to you by Whimsy & Wellness and hosted by Meg Ryan. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review – even just a short sentence is so helpful & greatly appreciated!!
Music & Editing by Taylor Ryan